To assist students in completing their program in a timely manner, and to ensure that students are well prepared for courses, annual advising is mandatory in the College of Engineering. Advising holds are placed on students’ Schedule Builder account once a year.
Failure to clear your hold by the deadline will result in the inability to make any changes to your schedule.
Advising Hold Schedule
These schedules are based on your school year at UC Davis:
First year and Fourth year: Fall Quarter Hold
Students may start clearing holds on October 12, 2020
Holds take effect on December 3, 2020
Second year and Fourth year: Winter Quarter Hold
Students may start clearing holds on January 11, 2021 (2nd week of the quarter)
Holds take effect on March 5, 2021
Third year: Spring Quarter Hold
Students may start clearing holds on April 12, 2021 (3rd week of the quarter)
Holds take effect on June 4, 2021
Seniors who plan to graduate in Summer 2021 or earlier may clear their hold at any time during the year, and are encouraged to request a degree check from the College of Engineering Undergraduate Advising Office three quarters before graduation.
Procedure to Clear the Hold
In order to have a hold released, you must create a draft academic plan for the next three (3) quarters, prepare a list of any questions you might have, and meet with an adviser.
- Go to oasis.ucdavis.edu and then click Forms & Petitions -> Submit a New Form -> Academic Plan
- Enter a draft plan for the next three quarters and save as a draft (do NOT submit).
- First year freshmen and transfers also need to complete the First Year Questionnaire. Go to oasis.ucdavis.edu and then click Forms & Petitions -> Submit a New Form -> First Year Questionnaire.
- Either bring a list of questions to the advising hold appointment, or enter questions in the notes section of your draft academic plan.
- Schedule an appointment through the online appointment system or come to a drop in session prepared to discuss your experiences, interests, and goals.
If you aren’t sure about what courses should be included in your plan, review the most recent degree requirements listed here and here.
- If you plan to change to another major within the College of Engineering, please meet with an advisor from your intended major to clear your hold.
- If you plan to change to a major outside of the College of Engineering and are currently declared in the Civil Engineering major, you need to meet with an advisor from your intended major and have them approve a 3 quarter plan in OASIS. Contact us after you have done that so we can clear your hold.