Teaching Assistant Information
- CEE TA/Reader Interest Application* Applications generally open around the start of the term prior to the term you are applying for
- Fall 2021 (Application closed 7/5/21)
- Winter 2022 (Application opened 9/20/21; closes 10/5/21)
- Spring 2022 (Application opens around 1/3/22)
- TA Handbook from the Center for Educational Effectiveness
It is highly recommended you apply for TA and Reader positions with other departments. You can look for position listings in Handshake and also can check individual departments' websites for more information on how to apply for TA and Reader positions with other departments. Our students have been hired in other departments -- math, physics, statistics, chemistry and design -- as well as various departments in the humanities and social sciences depending on that student's background.
Fall 2021 Employment Pay Pilot Program
Civil and Environmental Engineering is participating in the Fall Employment Pay Pilot Program. More information can be viewed on the Graduate Studies website.
All students must complete the TA Orientation to be hired as a TA. The TA Orientation for Fall 2020 is now open, please register to attend here. Civil and Environmental Engineering students will attend the TA Orientation on Monday Sept. 28th.
TA Language Proficiency Requirement
Be sure to check out the International and Academic English website about how to fulfill the Language Proficiency Requirement.
There are amazing resources for TA's through the Center for Educational Effectiveness (the other CEE).
Some of our own Graduate Students also made this outstanding video: How to Master the First Day of Instruction as a Teaching Assistant. Video by:
- Sumeet Kumar Sinha, PhD Candidate, Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Patrick C. Bassal, PhD Student, Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Brian Morales, Masters Student, Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Chanh Nguyen, PhD Student, Chemical Engineering