- Civil and Environmental Engineering
Dr. Kinyua is interested in the interaction between biological, physical and chemical processes in engineered systems treating waste. Kinyua’s group focuses on biokinetics and process optimization to treat waste and recover resources. These efforts aim to understand the technical, environmental, economic and social aspects of wastewater treatment, anaerobic digestion of fecal, livestock and food waste and recovery of high value material, water and nutrients.
Awards & Honors
- 2016 UC Davis CAMPOS Faculty Scholar
- 2014 American Academy of Environmental Engineers and Scientists, W. Wesley Eckenfelder Graduate Research Award
- 2014 University of South Florida Signature Research Doctoral Fellow
- 2012 Richard Ian Stessel Memorial Fellow in Environmental.